Live Museum at Dansville Elementary
Dansville Elementary Live Museum
Elementary School Live Museum
Elementary Live Museum
State Superintendent Visits 3rd Grade
State Superintendent Visits Robotics Class
Dansville High School Marching Band
District Drainage Project
Band at Homecoming
District News and Events
March 13, 2015
The Facilities Improvement Team met on Thursday, March 12, 2015.
- The committee reviewed the roles of the construction manager and Kingscott as well as receiving an update regarding the process of hiring a construction manager. The district issued an RFQ to five construction management firms. After reviewing the four proposals that were received as well as getting feedback from two FIT members who work for a construction management firm that didn’t submit a proposal, three firms were chosen for interviews: Wolgast, CSM and Miller Davis. A committee consisting of the FIT co-chairs, the board president, the board facilities chair, the district facilities director and the superintendent interviewed the three firms during the day on March 12th. The committee will make a recommendation to the board at is March regular meeting after which a construction management firm will be secured.
- The co-chairs then shared some possible solutions for the district as it relates to the facilities. The DRAFT concepts that the committee viewed are all available at http://www.dansville.org/facilities-committee/.
- The committee was then charged to go out into the community and get feedback regarding the concepts that they will then bring back to the next FIT meeting on March 26, 2015.
Please consider reviewing the concepts that are shown at: http://www.dansville.org/facilities-committee/ and then complete the online survey to have your feedback considered by the committee moving forward.
February 17, 2015
Background: All school districts in Michigan are required to hold elections to levy 18 mills from non-homestead properties in order to receive full school funding each year. Dansville Schools has collected 18 mills since passage of Proposal A in 1994. Our last renewal election took place in May of 2011.
What does Non-Homestead mean? Non-homestead renewals have no impact on homeowners. This millage applies to local businesses, industrial and commercial property or other property that is not your primary residence.
What questions will be on the ballot on February 24th?
• The first question on the ballot is for the renewal of the current levy of 17.8218 mills that is currently being levied on all non-homestead properties.
• The second is an increase of up to 2 mills to restore millage lost to keep the non-homestead at the required 18 mills both now and for the entire period (through 2020). Note: No matter what, passage of this millage will result in no more than 18 mills being levied on non-homestead properties.
What is the impact of the Non-Homestead millage on Dansville Schools?
Dansville Schools collects $624,872 through this millage annually, which equals approximately $800 per pupil. The rest of our funding comes directly from the state in our per pupil Foundation allowance. The Non-Homestead millage equals about 8% of our total annual budget.
Why are there two questions on the ballot in February?
There are two questions on the ballot because we experienced a Headlee Rollback this year. This happens when annual growth on existing property is greater than the rate of inflation.
Passage of both measures will also ensure that we will again be able to collect the full 18 mills if there are future Headlee rollbacks.
The first question is to renew the current millage of 17.8218 mills and the second question is to return the millage to 18 mills and to ensure that we will continue to collect the 18 mills in case of future Headlee rollbacks.
How can the Non-Homestead monies be used? These funds pay for expenses such as instructional materials, staffing, classroom supplies, textbooks and utilities.
Please be sure to vote on February 24th. All voting will take place at the Ingham Township hall except for voters in Wheatfield Township, who will vote at their location. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Amy Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org/623-6120)
February 11, 2015
Dansville parent and local business owner Chris Thayer expressed an interest to help Dansville Elementary with any of its video surveillance needs over the last summer and he followed through on that interest in a significant way this fall. Two outdoor color cameras were installed to view large portions of the playground along with all of the necessary wiring. An internal camera and monitor were installed in the office conference room. In addition, an improved DVR system was donated to capture the feeds from all six of our elementary cameras. Mr. Thayer’s generosity and willingness to help us improve the safety of our building is greatly appreciated. His company also worked for 10 hours to improve the surveillance in both the middle and high school buildings and did so at a reduced rate.
The Dansville Schools’ Board of Education expresses its sincere appreciation and gratitude to Mr. Thayer for his generous donation of both time and equipment to help improve the security of our K-12 facilities. Thank you for this important investment in our schools!
February 9, 2015
Please click on “schools” and then “elementary” to read more about Begindergarten as well as Kindergarten for next year and Round up which will take place on March 4th.
February 5, 2015
Change to Amazon Fundraiser Link:
Thank you so much to everyone who has utilized our Amazon fundraiser link to shop online! This very simple fundraising tool has helped raise extra funds for Dansville students with just a click of a button. As of today’s date Dansville Elementary has raised $137 the middle school has raised $180 and the high school has raised $293 for a grand total of $610 for Dansville schools. We were recently informed, however, that the Amazon fundraising links have been changed due to updating systems at Simple Fundraiser. The new links for each school are as follows:
Dansville Elementary School: http://amzn.to/1wEPNXC
Dansville Middle School: http://amzn.to/1ADS77z
Dansville High School: http://amzn.to/1ADS77z
Please make sure to share these links with your family and friends, it truly is a “simple” fundraiser!