STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBERS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attending meetings about once a month. Members are responsible for all class materials missed due to Student Council meetings. The meeting times will be determined by Ms. Ebert and Mrs. Hunt as needed. Students are to notify his/her 6th hour teacher of the meeting at least 2 days in advance to be excused. Students must get all assignments and record information in his/her agenda before leaving for the meeting.
- Members must maintain a 2 average in all classes to participate in Student Council. A student falling below a 2 average in any class will be suspended from meetings and activities until his/her class average has improved and approval to miss class from the classroom teacher has been received.
- Members are responsible for attending and assisting at Student Council activities. If a member
is unable to attend, the Student Council advisors must be notified in advance. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
- After school and evening activities sponsored by Student Council.
- Selling refreshments at DMS sports activities.
- Community Service Projects (i.e. DMS Recycling Program).
STUDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN TRANSPORTATION AFTER SCHOOL HOURS
- Members are to keep their fellow classmates informed on activities, events, and other information.
- Members are to promote citizenship skills, leadership skills, and act as role models for other DMS students at all times.
- Members are to be supportive of Student Council and its activities.
Middle School Advisors:
- Sandy Hunt – Middle School Math Teacher
- Linsey Ebert – Middle School Science Teacher
Please call 623-6120, ext. 1104 if you have any questions.
Dansville Middle School
The staff of Dansville Middle School is committed to providing a program for successful learning in a positive environment to meet the needs of all students. We will educate and help them achieve to the best of their abilities while fostering positive social and emotional growth. Through parental involvement and support, we will strive to help students become responsible and educated individuals.
Our learning community provides students with an extremely talented teaching staff, a variety of learning opportunities and an opportunity to grow and challenge themselves. Our hope is that students leave Dansville Middle School empowered to stay intellectually engaged, instilled with behaviors in keeping with responsible citizenship and the initiative necessary to become the best person they can be.
In order to continue with our mission, Dansville Middle School staff is consistently working to update and change programs.
This year we will continue to implement Positive Behavioral and Intervention Support Program (PBIS). This system includes a specific behavior matrix that is used to teach students the expected behaviors.