Developing Your Youngest Aggies
KINDERGARTEN READINESS ARTICLES/RESOURCES
- Ready for Kindergarten? http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resources/article/what-to-expect-grade/ready-kindergarten
This is a great article that helps parents understand what skills their future kindergarten teachers expect from their incoming kindergarten students. Not only should they know some letter and number recognition, but there are important readiness skills that set the stage for your child’s learning. This article does a nice job of summarizing some of those skills.
- Ingham Great Start Collaborative Readiness Program Resource: http://inghamgreatstart.org/focus-articles/
This site offers numerous articles of information about child care and early learning, family support, parenting leadership, pediatric and family health and social and emotional health. Feel free to peruse through the site to find informational articles that fit your needs!
- Dansville's Kindergarten Wiki Website: http://aggieparentspowerup.wikispaces.com/
This website provides short videos with reading activities you can do with your child pre-k through 5th grade. It also provides resources such as websites, book lists, printables, and math activities for you to do with your child
- Ready for Kindergarten? Another helpful article: http://www.scholastic.com/parents/resources/article/what-to-expect-grade/preparing-kindergarten
This article helps parents know what skills they can work on at home to prepare their child for kindergarten
- Family Learning Connections Website from ISD: http://www.inghamisd.org/flc/
This website is designed to to help educators and families create better partnerships that support student growth. The website is driven by student grade level in three categories, reading, math and behavior. The Family Learning Connection is designed to provide families with information about state required student learning objectives and give families tools to support their student’s learning.
The mission of Dansville Elementary School is to educate and ensure the proficiency of all students as measured by district, state, and national standards. We will utilize comprehensive, evidence-based methods to engage learning and support student success.
Main Phone: 517.623.6120
Superintendent: ext. 7221
High School: ext. 7234
Middle School: ext. 7227
Elementary: ext. 7226