Track and Fitness Center at the DAC
Please visit the superintendent's office to apply for track and fitness membership.
Current Superintendent's Office Hours:
Monday to Thursday 7 am -5 p.m.
The office is located at door 17 of Dansville Middle School.
All members (18+) must pay a $10 application fee (per person), which is non-refundable, and a $10 refundable deposit for an access key card, which is needed to enter the fitness area and/or track. This $10 key deposit will be refunded when the key card is returned in good condition to the district. If a member loses their key card, it will cost $50 to replace it. Access card must be returned with 10 days of termination of membership. If access card is not returned a $50 fee will be assessed.
Potential members will need to bring driver's license and proof of residency. Applications will only be processed when accompanied by application fee.
Because the fitness center is located within a school, all members are required to undergo a background check. All members will be screened using iCHAT, Michigan's criminal history background check system. All information will be kept confidential.
Memberships take 24 – 48 hours to activate. You will be notified via e-mail when your application is complete and your access card is available for pick-up.
Access to the track is available at no cost. However, a membership is required.
Fitness Center and Track
 $10 non-refundable application fee and $10 refundable access key card deposit charges apply.
 Includes spouse and dependent children, 25 years of age or younger, living at home.
 Students and children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult fitness center member or Dansville staff member.
 There is no charge for current Dansville students. However, all current students, regardless of age, must be accompanied by an adult member or current staff member to use the facilities. Student membership expires day student graduates or transfers from Dansville Schools.
Fitness Center Orientation Video
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND RELEASE
Members understand that use of the fitness center or track is at their own risk and assume full responsibility for any injuries in any way related to the member’s use of the fitness center or track. Members agree to release the District, its Board members, agents, and employees from any and all claims that they may have for any injuries in any way related to the member’s use of the fitness center or track. Members acknowledge these statements about assumption of risk were read and understood and agree to the terms and conditions listed.
WARNING OF RISK
The District is committed to conducting its recreation programs and activities in a safe manner and holds the safety of participants in high regard. Each member is solely responsible for determining whether the member is physically fit and/or adequately skilled for using the fitness center or track. Before beginning an exercise program, it is recommended that each member visit his/her medical provider to develop a plan that best fits each member. It is always advisable, especially if the member is pregnant, suffers from an underlining medical condition, takes medication, uses tobacco products, has a family history of coronary disease, or has recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any activity at the fitness center or track. Aerobic and other fitness activities such as passive/resistive weight training, use of stair machines, jogging, free weights and other training devices are intended to challenge and engage the physical, mental and emotional resources of the member. Despite careful and proper preparation, instructions, medical advice, conditioning, and equipment, there is still a risk of serious injury. All hazards and dangers cannot be foreseen. Depending on the particular activity, certain risks, dangers and injuries due to overexertion, improper technique, ignoring safety precautions, failing to follow instructions, slips and falls, unfamiliarity with the equipment and/or exercise, equipment failure, failure in supervision/instruction, premises defects and other risks inherent to the particular activity exist. The District does not guarantee safety. Dependent upon the member’s physical condition, age and/or skill level, fitness activities can involve a risk of injury.
PROTOCOLS AND EXPECTATIONS
- The fitness center and track shall not be used without the appropriate membership.
- Because the DAC is located within a school, all members are required to undergo an iChat criminal history background check. iChat results will be kept confidential to the extent permitted by law. Because of background check requirements, we do not have the flexibility to allow members to bring guests.
- Members are NOT granted permission to use the gymnasium or locker rooms. NO EXCEPTIONS. These spaces may be rented via the Facility Use process.
- In case of emergency, members may use the lower commons bathrooms only.
- The fitness center and track may only be used during hours of operation determined by the District.
- Members must use their access card to enter the outside door to the fitness area. The access card must only be used by the member and cannot be shared with others. The access card may only be used for the purpose of entering the building for use of the fitness center or track. This will be monitored.
- Each member must sign-in and sign-out each time the member enters the fitness center or track. This will be monitored.
- All current Dansville students must be accompanied by an adult member or current staff member to use the facilities. A non-student must be at least 18 years of age and out of school to be eligible for an adult membership.
- Memberships are not transferrable and membership fees are not refundable.
Courtesy and Dress Code
- Each member is expected to show common courtesy and respect to fellow members at the DAC.
- Appropriate language shall be used at all times.
- The use of alcoholic beverages and tobacco or electronic vaping devices are prohibited.
- Due to privacy restrictions, members who bring a cell phone or other media device may not take pictures or video at the fitness center or track.
- Unattended personal belongings are left unattended at your own risk.
- Members are expected to wear clothing that is considered appropriate in a school environment, as determined by the District in its sole discretion. This includes wearing a shirt or tank top that covers the abdomen, as well as pants or shorts and shoes. Exercise shoes must be worn at all times when using the fitness center or track to preserve the flooring and equipment.
- No open music unless a team is playing something during non-open fitness room hours; all other members must use headphones.
Track and Fitness Center Expectations
- To use the track, any member under 13 must be supervised by an adult who is a member or current staff member.
- The fitness center is not to be used or occupied by anyone under age 13. Any member under 18 using the fitness center must be supervised by an adult who is a member or a current staff member. Children must not be left unattended at any time.
- The track is closed for running if there is any school event occurring in the gymnasium.
- Please limit consecutive time on each machine to 30 minutes and the flexible benches to 10 minutes.
- Please wipe down equipment after each use.
- Do not perform any maintenance or repair on equipment. Instead, report an issue to 810-534-7542 and place a "Needs Attention" sign to it.
- Do not use equipment marked as "Out of Order" or "Needs Attention."
- No pop, gum or food is allowed.
- The programming on the display panels cannot be changed.
- Messages or announcements other than those mentioned above to mark equipment may not be posted without prior approval from the District.
Operation Hours and Staffing
- Members are permitted to use the fitness center or track only during operation hours. These hours are posted on the entrance door to the fitness center and on our website. Operation hours are subject to change. Current operation hours are:
- Monday through Friday: 5 AM - 7 AM and 6 PM – 10 PM
- Saturday: 8 AM - 2 PM
- Sunday: Noon - 4 PM
- The fitness center or track may be closed completely during school events such as graduation.
- In the event of significant inclement weather, including all school days canceled by the District, the fitness center and track will be closed to all members.
- While the fitness center is not officially staffed, it will be monitored via video.
- All members are expected to report any fitness center or track misuse, damage, or concerns by either texting 810-534-7542 or emailing email@example.com.
Emergency and Safety Procedures
- In an emergency, call 911 immediately.
- An AED machine is located right outside the fitness center on the track, above the drinking fountain.
- All members must enter and exit through the main fitness center entrance located on the southwest side of the high school.
- All members are required to follow emergency procedures, such as exiting during a fire alarm or taking shelter during a tornado warning.