Teacher and Support Staff COVID-19 Grant
Teacher and School Support Staff
The Teacher and School Support Staff COVID-19 Grants created by Public Act 166 of 2020 recognize teachers and school support staff for providing services to students during the period of school closure in 2019-2020 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To qualify for the grant, a K-12 teacher or K-12 school support staff must have performed at least 75% of their workload in a brick and mortar school building prior to the issuance of Executive Order No. 2020-35 on April 2, 2020.
n addition to the 75% workload requirement, each eligible applicant must certify they meet at least one of the following from April 2 - June 30, 2020:
- Worked additional time spent outside of normal working hours
- Experienced hazardous conditions, or
- Incurred additional costs related to ensuring students could effectively participate in their school's continuity of learning plan
Lastly, a K-12 teacher must be able to certify that he or she developed tools and methods to deliver distance learning, take-home packets, or other methods described in the district’s continuity of learning plan.
THESE ARE THE STEPS YOU MUST FOLLOW TO APPLY FOR THESE GRANT FUNDS:
- Fill out the application provided here https://www.michigan.gov/documents/treasury/Form_5734_TSSC19_Certifications_002_705855_7.pdf
- Submit the application to Becky Ames via:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 p.m. on December 4.
- US Postal Service: Dansville Schools, Attn: Becky Ames, PO Box 187, Dansville, MI 48819
- Interoffice mail
- Hand delivery to the Superintendent’s Office located at the event entrance for Dansville Middle School, or
- Fax at 517-623-6719
- Dansville Schools will submit the information to the Department of Treasury for consideration by December 16.
- If approved, the Department of Treasury will mail a check directly to each staff member around the end of February. This will be taxable income for you.
Please note: Forms received after 4:30 p.m. December 4, 2020 are not eligible to receive payments from the Department of Treasury and Dansville Schools takes no responsibility for the failure of an individual to ensure these forms are received by 4:30 p.m. on December 4, 2020. ***NOTE: THESE CERTIFICATION FORMS ARE SUBJECT TO AUDIT BY THE MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF TREASURY.***
Frequently Asked Questions and other resources prepared by the Department of Treasury are available for review. If you have any additional questions, please contact Amy Hodgson. If we receive further guidance from the Treasury department that leads us to believe your status as potentially eligible has changed, we will notify you.