Dear Aggie Family,
Things are moving right along with the bond projects, so we wanted to be sure to share the current timeline and updates with everyone. As the project begins, we are realizing how important it will be for all of us to be flexible and patient as we find temporary locations for programs and events and squeeze everything in around all the new construction. Safety will be a top priority throughout the construction process and we thank you in advance for your help in steering clear of the construction areas to ensure both personal safety and the protection of our investment.
Bids will be going out for this work sometime at the beginning of March. If you or someone you know is a contractor who may be interested in this work, please call the school at 517-623-6120, ext. 7221 to leave your information or drop it off at the Superintendent’s office.
A tentative timeline of events for the next several months is as follows:
- The Groundbreaking Ceremony that will take place sometime after Spring Break. Please stay tuned for more information as that is finalized.
- Contractors will begin to mobilize on campus on May 1, 2017.
- Work will begin in early May on the construction of the new soccer field, located across from the current football field, as this can be done while school is in session.
- After their seasons end, construction will begin on the new softball and baseball fields as well as the new concessions stand.
- Also in June of 2017, the weight room and band room will be taken down and work will begin on the footings for the new building.
- Also in the summer of 2017, sinking funds will be used to construct the new FFA and maintenance buildings near the current FFA building location.
- Summer of 2018 starts the remodeling projects in both the elementary and the current high school, as well as demolition of the current middle school building and completion of the new high school building.
Check of the details of the Construction Phasing Plans (Feb 2017) for more information.
We cannot fully describe how exciting these projects are when we think about the impact all of this will have on our students. Thank you again for making the commitment to invest in our students by investing in our school. We realize this work will impact our entire school campus, so again, we very much appreciate your patience and flexibility as we do our best to make this experience as smooth as possible for everyone.
Please don’t hesitate to call or stop by if you have any questions throughout this entire process.
Amy Hodgson, Superintendent